Thursday, June 30, 2005

I am done with radiation

July 1st marks the end of my journey as a breast cancer patient. I am considered a survivor now and I am so thankful to God for the opportunity to live and share my life with my loved ones. There will be follow up appointments for at least the next 5 years. Life will never be the same for me because now I appreciate it even more and anytime I can share with loved ones , I find it a treasure for me. I have learned a lot and I am so thankful for the countless prayers that were lifted on my behalf. Because of God I can say that I was able to live through this and also the help of my great family and specifically my husband who took on more responsibilities. My Mom also left her job temporarily to be here with me and help me in the whole process. I am indebted to her because she made a huge sacrifice for me. My Dad also stayed alone all this time so that Mom could be here with me. God made a huge sacrifice for us in giving HIS son to die for us. I knew that He loved me more than anything and in my roughest times, I knew that He was there for me. Thank you for your continued support through prayers, get well cards, words of encouragement and good food. I am a very fortunate person to have such great family and friends.
I am leaving behind the pain and sorrow as I get more hair. The new hair on my head signifies a new Lissette, full of life and eager to share what Jesus has done for me.


Lissette's hair keeps growing

2 comments:

Yamel said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Only you must know how great it feels to complete cancer treatment, and even though I'm ecstatic for you, you must be a hundred times happier.

We are so thankful that with God's help, and your family through Him, you were able to overcome your hardship. You are a survivor and a re-newed role model for the entire family!

I only wish we were there to give you a HUGE hug, and to squeeze your cheeks :)

Our love goes to you and the family always. Well done!

Lissette said...

Thank you so much for the beautiful words. Only through God was I able to endure the treatment and I am thankful that now I have a renewed sense of thankfulness and happiness. I appreciate life so much more and time with family and friends. I appreciate all your kind words and all the prayers. They held me through the trial! Praise God!